Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Got Refund For Defective Products Without Shipping Refund

I was glad to see that I got money for the hosiery that I sent back to Doris Hosiery Mills. When I looked the notice over, I was very sad to see that they did not give me back the payment for shipping. This means that I lose money. I guess that shoppers tend to pay for their own "shipping" costs, when they return things to the department store, so maybe I will not worry about it too much.

It still bugs me, though, because I felt that it was their fault, and that I should not be inconvenienced at all.

I figured that that policy is a firm policy, and that I cannot do anything to change it. Therefore, I will just chalk it up as a learning experience, and learning is the main reason that I am doing this in the first place.

I think that I will still be further ahead, though, because I suspect that they will put some of those products on liquidation. If so, then I can buy them at a good discount, which means that my net costs will be lower.

However, for things like defective products that they cannot liquidate, I will prefer to sell it at cost, so that I can win over good customers, and so that I can save on the cost of shipping.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment