Saturday, June 1, 2013

Finished Counting 2 Loads Of Inventory

Last night, I finished counting a new shipment of hosiery, which arrived from Doris Hosiery Mills, and the load of hosiery to be liquidated. It was a tough job, and I am so glad that it is over. I felt like it cost me a lot of time and energy, even though it did not feel very profitable. The unfortunate thing is that it is a necessary task, because I cannot sell bad quality hosiery, and I also need to know exactly how many items there are.

A big struggle was not wanting to keep 1 of everything. Seeing all the nice colours really made it so enticing. Imagine owning your own hosiery store. Even if you tried on 1 of everything, would you still want to try on more of them anyways? Maybe. I know that I would. It took incredible restraint.

Some of the products are capris length footless hosiery. I think that 1 sobering fact that pulled me through was the fact that I have a lot of homemade footless hosiery, and that I do not need any hosiery that is made footless on purpose. It was still hard to resist, though.

1 frustrating thing, though is that some of today's new arrivals had dark splashes on them. They were small dark java coloured dots on java coloured opaques. I think that somebody unintentionally splashed some dark dye on them.

The splashes on the foot or ankle will not be a problem. The splashes on the leg could be, though.

I was especially glad to get some Energizers waistband-free support hosiery. I noticed that Doris seems to be using high heels in their support hosiery package photos, giving it a more elegant touch. The heels imply that the support hosiery is for young people in elegant moments, and not just for sick people in ugly clothing.

I am a bit nervous about what lies ahead, but I am sure that you and I can look forward to it.

Thank you for reading!

1 comment: