Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Used Hosiery: Sewing Nylon And Spandex

I tried a technique to sew together some hosiery. Basically I cut off sections of a leg of hosiery, and then sewed the ends together to make 2 simple garters to hold up my flashes, when I wear a kilt or shorts.

Overall, I'm very happy about how it turned out for a garter, but I'm a little disappointed in how hard it is to sew nylon and spandex materials. I have a big respect for people sew hosiery. It's a lot harder than it looks. I'm sure that it takes training and practice before the people can work on the actual products. I'm also sure that a lot of it is done by machine, too.

So far, I've tried 2 techniques. The first technique didn't allow the nylon to stretch. The second technique didn't allow it to shorten.

For more ideas, click used, which can also be found in the right column, under Popular Topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment